During the recent WFWI Christmas Celebration (7 December 2020 by virtual Zoom meeting) we were able to pose this question and the answers are:
- Try the reindeer on MyWI craft pages. Fun to make.
- I liked the paper star in last year's WI life.
- Go to Felicity's crafts on you tube, lots of easy crafts for Christmas.
- Felicity's origami Santa workshop was so easy and no glue. Stand alone or with a little ring added put on tree.
- A polystyrene cone, wrap in green wool add a few sparkles . . . a little Christmas tree!
- Two wire hangers covered in tinsel and baubles very easy but effective.
- Hand made Christmas Crackers from toilet rolls and Christmassy materials
- Last years cards cut in circles, marked lines for pentagon crease and staple into Christmas balls.
- Pick some of the dead hydrangea flower heads, mix with evergreens and then spray with artificial snow. The display lasts till New Year.
- Not an easy one but I enjoyed a whole evening, and a drink, putting together a Moravian Advent star, now proudly hanging up and shining out a bedroom window!
Try one of these suggestions or have a look online for other Christmas display ideas. You might even be able to use items you already have in your home and create a masterpiece that you bring out each year. Have a Crafty Christmas!